Over 250 people signed on to test quilt the ten scores for The Improv Handbook For Modern Quilters - without visual references. There were 165 quilts completed and submitted for inclusion into the book.
Only 22 of the test quilts were published in the book, but all 165 of the test quilts can be viewed in the online test quilt galleries linked below. I hope you agree that all of them are worthy examples of the scores, each in their own way.
- Score for Floating Squares
- Score for Strings Gallery
- Score for Improv Round Robin Gallery
- Score for Patchwork Doodle Gallery
- Score for Modern Block Improv Gallery
- Score for Rhythmic Grid Gallery
- Score for Layered Curves Gallery
- Score for Bias Strip Petals Gallery
- Score for Get Your Curve On Gallery
- Score for Showing Up Gallery
The efforts and feedback of the test quilters significantly shaped the ten scores, or flexible patterns, featured in The Improv Handbook For Modern Quilters. As you view the galleries, may you feel inspired and encouraged to know that there are an infinite number of interpretations for every score.
Test Quilters' Process July Blog Hop
The Test Quilt Galleries also include links to process posts written by many of the test quilters describing their unique improv experiences. These process posts are inspiring and I'm happy to introduce another round in July.
July 1: The Quilting Edge by Marianne Haak with giveaway!
July 3: Andrew Steinbrecher
July 6: Heather Kojan Quilts with giveaway!
July 8: Fiber Antics by Veronica
Date TBD: Latifah Saafir Studios
July 16: Marion's Journal
I will be updating these links as the posts are published. May you enjoy and be inspired to improvise YOUR WAY!