Welcome to Improv Monday!
I'm working to get this XL KING SIZE done, and I'm making progress! LOVE this large canvas. I don't know about you but working large changes the way I improvise. My rule of thumb is to keep things as open as possible. Cut large not small, wide not narrow if given a choice.
Things are really flowing now. I'm mostly challenged at this point with technical issues...
- There are a lot of inset seams.
- Alignment is important.
- I've cut free hand with a scissors, sometimes off grain.
- Linen is beautiful but more difficult to piece than cotton. The weave is looser so the fabric shifts easily.
- I'm using spray starch to stabilize, especially the handkerchief weight linen.
- On the up side linen holds a crisp seam.
Once again the reverse progression:
[slickr-flickr tag="linenimprov" type="slideshow" direction="descending" size="m640" captions="off" align="center"]