Fourteen women helped stitch names of fallen American soldiers and Iraqi citizens for the war memorial and bereavement project Prayer Banner: MERCY as part of the Veteran's Day Virtual Sewing Circle.
Participants and Responses
- Mary in Chicago, IL of QuiltyGoodness
- Mary in Oakland, CA
- Linda in Columbia, MD of Fiber and Pulp
- Deb in Michigan of Life in Stitches
- Nancy in Los Angeles
- Nicole in Memphis, TN Names of the Fallen on Turn Your Face To The Sun.
- Heather in British Columbia, Canada Mercy And Security on True Stitches.
- Lisa in Malvern, PA Every Day Is Veteran's Day on A Thread from the Edge.
- Kristin in Hawaii of Musings
- Amy in Portland, OR
- Lynda in Richmond, CA, stitched names with Lauren & Audrey B.
- Deborah in Jenkintown, PA
- Linda in Catonsville, MD of Seminole Sampler
- Mary-Michael in Bluffton, SC Veterans' Day Sewing Circle on One Feisty Stitch
A HUGE thank you to all of the above! Your stitching is marvelous and I can't wait to add your handiwork to Prayer Banner: MERCY. I enjoyed this tremendously and only wish we could all be in the same room stitching hand-to-hand.
Stay tuned for another virtual sewing circle in March to mark the 11th anniversary of the ongoing, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - how awful and terrible to still be working on this project...