I'm having too much fun right now. I've been remiss on the blog... but I have an excuse! My sister Jennifer is visiting this week. She arrived today and will stay through Sunday. Our itinerary for the week:
- Wednesday - Baths AND massage at the Kabuki Springs and Spa, followed with lunch in Japan Town. Then to Union Square and shopping in downtown San Francisco. With a finish at my friend Tamara's birthday soiree in Potrero Hill.
- Thursday - sewing and quilting in my studio during the day and then off to four hours of knitting with the weekly posse at the Yarn Shop in Alameda.
- Friday - I'll be working at St. Gregory's while my sister volunteers at the Food Pantry held in the sanctuary every Friday. Followed by ethnic dining in the Mission and a cheesy movie at the Castro Theater.
- Saturday - Hiking at Pt Reyes
- Sunday - open day - possibly biking along the Alameda bay shore or a visit to the local farmers' market or flee market...
Tonight we fixed dinner and ate by candle light in my fantastic live/work space while we admired each other's lives. She lives on a lake in South Carolina and has raised three children. I'm single, no kids living across from a container truck lot in Oakland, CA.
We talked about freedom and story telling, communicating and rough sex, babies and ministry, racism and the discrimination between circumstance and actions.
What a treat to hear about her world and just hang out.